Here are a few of my favourite coffee and eating places in the city. These always do really good coffee and food. These are not the generic brands such as Starbucks, McDonalds, KFC etc.
1) Brother Baba Budan- Although primarily a coffee place it does a little bit of food.
2) Meshiya- Although not cheap I do love their Japanese food. I have been here a few times during my studies. They always do quick lunches. And their food is always fresh.
3)Kanada- Their prices are reasonable and their food is cheap. I always get the bento box or the Soba noodles.
4)Roule Galette- see earlier posts.
5) David jones- see earlier post.
6) Vic Market on the days that they are open. Love their $2.50 boreks. So cheap and filling for lunch.
7) Max brenner- although expensive, this was really filling and brough back a few happy memories.
8) Delifrance (Closed)- I used to go in there to buy my coffees and some pastries. This used to be a hit with all the Tivoli students.
9) Grilld- this has the freshly baked sourdough buns instead of the normal commercial ones. And what’s more is that they cater for students and vegetarians.
10) Real for you- good coffee and great organic food.